Sunday, June 8, 2014

$5 fashion refresh

I love wandering through my local Dollar Tree store.  I just never know what I'm going to find.

This spring I found some lovely scarves to add color to my wardrobe.  (A reminder that solid color tops and skirts are so practical!  They can be perked up with a bit of color.)

I grabbed the colors that appealed to me most, purple and coral because they're among my favorites, and bright green because it's a Seahawks color, duh.  I went back the next week to get a couple colors I passed on, including blue and gold.  Since my local store is small, they had sold out.  But this is Seattle, so I grabbed a couple light winter scarves because, hey, this is Seattle.  You never know what the weather will be like, even in spring.

I knew I had a winner with the scarves when my daughter looked through them, seeing which ones she wanted to borrow. 

And that's my $5 fashion refresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment