Sunday, May 4, 2014

$10 finds: 20 Greeting Cards at Dollar Tree


Among the achievements I'd like listed on my obituary, I've instructed my family to mention that I was a platinum Hallmark Rewards Card member.  I go to my local shop every few months to buy birthday, holiday and anniversary cards for my family.  Having achieved such a lofty status with Hallmark, I get a small discount, making the cards an affordable luxury.  It's my little splurge for my family.

But what about everyone else?  Particularly cards that go with graduation, wedding and baby gifts?  Be honest, do brides and grooms, new parents or grads really care whose name is on the back of the card?  No, they just care about the amount written on the check.

Yesterday I restocked my card stash for graduations, weddings, babies and even retirements.  My Dollar Tree sells them 2 for $1.00.  So for what I could get maybe three cards at the Hallmark store, I bought 20 cards.  I must note that the cards do not look cheap.  They are beautiful and/or witty, and the sentiments are lovely.  There also is a good choice of faith sentiments.  If I ever needed to sacrifice a splurge, I wouldn't hesitate to send one of these to my family.  And I would love to receive one. 

Today's project, getting them organized, so when we're getting ready for that next wedding or baby shower, we're not scrambling for a card.

Stay tuned for more $10 finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment