Sunday, February 1, 2015

Seahawks scarves


My husband asked me to make him a Seahawks scarf, so I made him this one out of Red Heart Super Saver yarn.  I used this pattern by Heather, but I made it a little wider by starting with chain 27.  Colors for hubby's scarf are:
  • Soft Navy
  • Spring Green
  • Grey Heather
(I think if I had to do his over again, I would use Country Blue instead of Grey Heather.)

Mine is a simple granny square, with a single crochet border.  In addition to the colors in Hubby's scarf, I used:
  • Country Blue
  • Blue Suede
  • White
My scarf turned out so large I could use it as a table runner! 

I was able to find the yarn on sale at JoAnn's for $2.50 a skein.  So far, I've made two scarves, with enough to make several more (though I'm running low on Spring Green; it sold out quickly in the Seattle area in the lead up to the Super Bowl).  I already have an order from my daughter.

For the cost to buy a scarf, I'll be able to make scarves for half the family.  And will be able to think how much I love my 'Hawks with every stitch.

#GoHawks

No comments:

Post a Comment